Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 18 to 24, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 18: Bandits killed seventeen in Birnin-Magaji, Zamfara.
- May 18: Herdsmen killed one and abducted seven in Ovia North, Edo.
- May 18: Bandits killed one and abducted six in Toto, Nassarawa.
- May 18: Boko Haram killed twelve in Konduga, Borno.
- May 18: Sectarian violence led to eleven deaths in Yagba West, Kogi.
- May 19: Cultists killed twenty in Khana, Rivers.
- May 19: Gunmen killed one and kidnapped two in Igabi, Kaduna.
- May 19: Gunmen kidnapped ffiteen in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- May 20: Herdsmen killed one in Aniocha South, Delta.
- May 20: Gunmen killed one policeman and two others in Wukari, Taraba.
- May 20: Boko Haram killed twenty Nigerian troops in Gubio, Borno; five militants were also killed.
- May 21: Bandits killed eighteen in Batsari, Katsina.
- May 21: Bandits killed five in Danmusa, Katsina.
- May 21: Bandits killed eleven in Faskari, Katsina.
- May 21: Sectarian violence led to seven deaths in Itu, Akwa Ibom.
- May 24: Nigerian troops killed "several" (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.