Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 20 to May 26, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 20: A suicide bomber killed himself but no others at UNIMAID in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- May 20: Boko Haram beheaded four internally displaced persons in Maiduguri, Borno.
- May 20: 2 Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves and two others in Konduga, Borno.
- May 20: Nigerian troops killed thirteen Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno (approx. location).
- May 20: Oil militants attacked a pipeline in Warri South West, Delta.
- May 21: Cultists killed four in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- May 22: Unknown gunmen killed seven in Okene and Ofu LGAs in Kogi.
- May 23: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Makurdi, Benue.
- May 23: Three suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- May 25: Suspected Niger Delta militants kidnapped six students in Epe, Lagos.