Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 21 to May 27, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 22: Militants attacked a pipeline in Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa.
- May 24: Boko Haram militants killed thirteen in Jere, Borno.
- May 25: Soldiers killed two kidnappers in Oyigbo, Rivers.
- May 26: Militants blew up pipelines in Warri South West, Delta.
- May 26: Nigerian troops killled two Boko Haram insurgents in Gwoza, Borno.