Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 23, 2015 to May 29, 2015. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- 5/23: Boko Haram killed forty-three in Gubio, Borno.
- 5/23: The Nigerian military killed thirty Boko Haram insurgents in Mafa, Borno.
- 5/24: Sectarian violence over several days in Logo, Benue resulted in the deaths of ninety-six.
- 5/27: Chadian soldiers killed thirty-three Boko Haram insurgents, and lost four of their own on Choua Island in Chad.
- 5/28: Gunmen killed five in Gokana, Rivers.
- 5/29: A twin bomb attack at a wedding in Hawul, Borno killed seven. Boko Haram is suspected.