Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 5 to May 11, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 5: Boko Haram killed two customs officials, two forestry agents, one soldier, and one civilian in Gabalami, Chad.
- May 5: Bandits killed seventy-one in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- May 4 and May 6: A cult clash resulted in thirteen deaths in Jos North, Plateau.
- May 7: A communal clash led to eleven deaths in Odukpani, Cross River.
- May 9: Two suicide bombers tried to attack a mosque in Maiduguri, Borno but ran away and ended up killing themselves but no others. Boko Haram was suspected.
- May 9: Herdsmen killed nine in Ussa, Taraba.
- May 9: The JTF killed ten bandits in Lau, Taraba.
- May 9: Herdsmen killed eight in Numan, Adamawa.
- May 10: Police and 'Land Grabbers' killed five in Lagos State, Lagos.
- May 11: Nigerian troops killed eight bandits in Maru, Zamfara.
- May 11: Nigerian troops killed ten bandits in Numan, Adamawa.