Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 6 to May 12, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 6: Gunmen abducted two in Akwanga, Nasarawa.
- May 6: Gunmen killed two in Obio/Akpor, Rivers.
- May 7: Sectarian violence led to fifteen deaths in Logo, Benue.
- May 8: Religious violence led to four deaths in Kaduna South, Kaduna.
- May 8: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Abakaliki, Ebonyi.
- May 8: Herdsmen killed four policemen in Ethiope East, Delta.
- May 10: Herdsmen killed six in Logo, Benue and two in Buruku, Benue.
- May 11: Herdsmen killed seven in Ndokwa East, Delta.
- May 12: Police killed five kidnappers in Ughelli South, Delta.