Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 7, to May 13, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 7: Sectarian violence resulted in three deaths in Isoko South, Delta.
- May 9: Nigerian troops killed sixteen Boko Haram militants and villagers killed two more in Gwoza, Borno.
- May 9: Gunmen killed five policemen in Ahoada West, Rivers.
- May 9: Cameroonian troops killed one potential suicide bomber and a second suicide bomber killed only herself in Mora, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- May 10: Gunmen killed three soldiers in Southern Ijaw, Bayelsa.
- May 10: Gunmen killed two policemen in Port Harcourt, Rivers.
- May 12: One Boko Haram suicide bomber killed himself and seven others in Maiduguri, Borno.