Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 9, 2015 to May 15, 2015. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 9: Sectarian violence in Riyom, Plateau, resulted in the deaths of two.
- May 9: Boko Haram killed two Cameroonian soldiers and lost three of their own in Krawa-Maffa, Cameroon.
- May 13: Boko Haram attacked Maiduguri, Borno, but were repelled by the military. Four insurgents, three soldiers, and six vigilantes were killed in the incident.
- May 13: On their way into Maidiguri city, Boko Haram killed fifty-five civilians in the villages of Bale and Kayamla.
- May 14: Boko Haram killed seven in Madagali, Adamawa.
- May 14: Boko Haram killed six in Biu, Borno.
- May 15: Boko Haram recaptured Marte, Borno, but there were no casualties reported.
- May 15: Fulani herdsmen killed eight in Gwer, Benue.