Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from November 10 to 16, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, November 9: Nigerian soldiers killed two Boko Haram commanders in Damboa, Borno)
- November 10: Boko Haram attacked Maiduguri, Borno, but there were no casualties.
- November 10: Boko Haram killed one in Jere, Borno.
- November 11: Gunmen killed two in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- November 11: Sectarian violence led to twelve deaths in Odukpani, Cross River.
- November 12: Nigerian troops killed two Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- November 12: Boko Haram killed sixteen in Monguno, Borno.
- November 14: Boko Haram killed one in Maiduguri, Borno.
- November 14: Boko Haram killed three Nigerian soldiers in Mobbar, Borno.
- November 15: Boko Haram abducted ten women and killed one man in Bama, Borno.
- November 15: Nigerian jets killed "several" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.