- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 15, 2016 to October 21, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- October 15: Nigerian troops killed a would-be suicide bomber in Madagali, Adamawa. Boko Haram is suspected.
- October 16: Herdsmen killed forty in Jema’a, Kaduna.
- October 17: Fourteen herdsmen were killed in Jema’a, Kaduna.
- October 17: Nigierien troops repelled an attack on a prison holding militants. One attacker was killed, and MUJAO is suspected.
- October 17: Boko Haram killed twenty Nigerian soldiers in Mobbar, Borno.
- October 19: Gunmen killed ten in Katsina-Ala, Benue.
- October 19: The JTF killed five militants in Bakassi, Cross River.
- October 19: The JTF killed two pirates in Akuku-Toru, Rivers.