Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 29, 2016 to November 3, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- October 29: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and seven others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- October 29: Boko Haram killed ten soldiers and seven civilians, and lost fives of their own in an attack on Damboa, Borno.
- October 30: A sniper killed a would-be suicide bomber in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- October 31: Cattle rustlers killed five in Shiroro, Niger.
- November 1: Eight suicide bombers killed themselves in Gubio, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- November 3: Soldiers killed two Boko Haram militants in Monguno, Borno.
- November 3: Five terrorists and one soldier were killed in an attempted suicide bombing in Gwoza, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.