Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from October 4 to October 10, 2014. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- October 5: Kidnappers killed two in Abia, while a man was stabbed to death in another part of Abia.
- October 5: Nigerian troops killed two hundred Boko Haram insurgents around Madagali, Adamawa.
- October 6: Nigerian troops killed two hundred more Boko Haram insurgents, losing seventy soldiers around Madagali, Adamawa.
- October 6: Boko Haram beheaded seven civilians in Ngamdu, Borno.
- October 7: Boko Haram launched a rocket from Nigeria into Amchide, Cameroon, killing eight refugees. Cameroonian soldiers killed eight Boko Haram insurgents in retaliation.
- October 9: Unknown gunmen attacked Nigerian refugees in Kereomafa, Cameroon, killing an unknown number (approximately twenty).
- October 2-October 10: Over the course of a week, Fulani herdsmen killed twenty-six members of the Berom ethnic group in Riyom, Plateau.
- October 10: A riot at Kirikiri prison in Lagos resulted in the deaths of ten inmates.