Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 10, 2016 to September 16, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, September 9: the Multinational Joint Task Force killed four Boko Haram insurgents in Borno, estimated to be in Gwoza LGA)
- September 10: Boko Haram killed one person in Dikwa, Borno.
- September 11: Nigerian troops shot a suicide bomber, whose suicide vest then detonated, killing her and injuring others in Dikwa, Borno.
- September 12: Nigerien soldiers killed thirty Boko Haram insurgents and lost five soldiers in Toumour, Niger.
- September 14: Nigerian soldiers killed four Boko Haram insurgents in Geidam, Yobe.
- September 14: Soldiers killed seven cattle rustlers in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- September 14: Nigerien and Chadian soldiers killed thirty-eight Boko Haram insurgents in Toumour, Niger.
- September 14: Armed robbers killed ten people in Katsina-Ala, Benue.