- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 14 to 20, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 14: Bandits killed six in Chikun, Kaduna.
- September 14: Bandits killed six in Sabon Birni, Sokoto.
- September 14: Kidnappers abducted five in Abuja.
- September 15: Gunmen killed the village head in Mangu, Plateau.
- September 15: Gunmen killed six in Kankara, Katsina.
- September 15: Kidnappers abducted four in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- September 16: Kidnappers abducted two in Aniocha South, Delta.
- September 16: Herdsmen kidnapped two in Ughelli North, Delta.
- September 18: Gunmen killed five in Wukari, Taraba.
- September 19: Kidnappers abducted five in Saki East, Oyo.
- September 19: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram commanders in Kukawa, Borno (LGA estimated).
- September 19: Kidnappers abducted five in Dikwa, Borno.
- September 20: The Nigerian Air Force killed "dozens" (estimated at twenty-four) of Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.