Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 2 to September 8, 2017. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 4: Nigerian troops killed "several" (est. at five) Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- September 4: Boko Haram killed four farmers in Maiduguri, Borno.
- September 4: Cultists killed three in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- September 5: Suspected oil militants attacked a police station in Ogbia, Bayelsa, killing one police officer.
- September 6: Boko Haram killed six farmers in Maiduguri, Borno.
- September 7: Boko Haram killed two farmers in Maiduguri, Borno.
- September 7: Suspected Fulani herdsmen killed twenty in Bassa, Plateau.
- September 7: Boko Haram kidnapped eight farmers in Jere, Borno.
- September 8: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and no others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- September 8: Boko Haram killed seven in Ngala, Borno.