Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 24, 2016 to September 30, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 24: Niger Delta militants killed six soldiers and lost two of their own in Bakassi, Cross River.
- September 24: Seven Boko Haram militants and four Chadian soldiers were killed in a clash in Djoroye, Chad.
- September 25: Four Nigerian soldiers and twenty-two Boko Haram militants were killed when Boko Haram attacked troops in Marte, Borno.
- September 25: A Boko Haram landmine killed four Nigerian soldiers in Maiduguri, Borno.
- September 26: Boko Haram killed three in Chibok, Borno.
- September 26: Cultists killed six in Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Rivers.
- September 28: Nigerian troops killed nine Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- September 29: Kidnappers kidnapped the wife of Nigeria’s Central Bank Governor in Oredo, Edo.
- September 30: Nigerian troops killed seven Niger Delta militants in Bakassi, Cross River.