Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 26 to October 3, 2014. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
• September 26: Boko Haram battled Nigerian soldiers in Konduga, Borno, resulting in the deaths of forty insurgents and eleven soldiers.
• September 27: The Cameroonian military captured Boko Haram commander, Abakar Ali, in Kousseri, Cameroon, along with two other insurgents.
• September 27: Gunmen, believed to be Fulani herdsmen, killed twenty in Lafia, Nasarawa.
• September 29: Boko Haram attacked villages in Michicka, Adamawa, killing “scores" of civilians (estimated forty).
• September 30: Boko Harm kidnapped thirty-five civilians fleeing Gwoza, three of whom subsequently died.
• October 2: The Chairman of Oil Marketers was kidnapped in Benue.
• October 3: Boko Haram released a video of the beheading of a pilot and the stoning of another man. While the date and location of the video are unknown, the pilot’s plane went down in Adamawa on September 12.