Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 3, 2016 to September 9, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, September 2: Boko Haram killed five in Toumour, Niger)
- September 5: Nigerian soldiers killed five oil militants in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.
- September 6: Pirates killed four Marine Policemen in Akuku-Toru, Rivers.
- September 6: Police killed four kidnappers in Ikwerre, Rivers.
- September 8: Nigerian soldiers killed two cultists in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.
- September 8: Herdsmen killed two in Jema’a, Kaduna.