Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 5, 2015 to September 11, 2015. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week September 4: Boko Haram killed thirty in Gwoza, Borno)
- September 5: Soldiers clashed with militants in Burutu, Delta, resulting in the deaths of three militants.
- September 5: The brother of the former director general of the Department of State Security Services was kidnapped in Odukpani, Cross River.
- September 7: A priest was kidnapped in Kogi State on his way to Abuja from Onitsha, Anambra.
- September 8: A doctor was kidnapped in Abakaliki, Ebonyi.
- September 11: A bomb killed ten in an IDP camp in Yola, Adamawa. Boko Haram is suspected.
- September 11: A female suicide bomber killed herself and four others in Madagali, Adamawa. Boko Haram is suspected.
- Exact Date Unknown: In a series of operations, soldiers killed ten Boko Haram militants in the Katsina area.