Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 8 to September 14, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 8: The Nigerian Air Force killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants in Ngala, Borno.
- September 9: The Nigerian Air Force killed "several" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- September 10: The Nigerian army killed four bandits and six kidnappers in Chikun, Kaduna.
- September 12: Nigerian troops killed fifty Boko Haram militants in Mobbar, Borno.
- September 12: Bandits killed eleven in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- September 13: Sectarian violence led to eight deaths in Toto, Nasarawa.
- September 13: Herdsmen killed fifty-one and kidnapped "dozens" (estimated at twenty-four) in Numan, Adamawa.
- September 13: Kidnappers abducted four in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- September 14: Boko Haram killed ten in Nganzai, Borno.
- September 14: Gunmen killed two herdsmen in Jos South, Plateau.