On May 7-9, 2017, CFR hosted the Council of Councils Sixth Annual Conference in Washington, DC.
Participants discussed five major themes:
- How Can Governments Rebuild Domestic Support for Global Trade?
- What Should Be the Multilateral Rules of the Road in Cyberspace—and How Can We Get There?
- How Should the World Respond When Countries Such as North Korea Develop Nuclear Weapons and Ballistic Missiles?
- Is the European Union Worth Saving? If so, What Should Be Done?
- What Are the Realistic Short-Term Goals for Stabilizing the Middle East—and How Can They Be Advanced?