On November 5–7, 2017, the Argentine Council for International Relations (CARI) and CFR convened the tenth Council of Councils regional conference, "Latin America, the World Today, and the Future of Global Governance," in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Participants discussed five major themes:
- The Future of the Bretton Woods Institutions: Governance Challenges and Opportunities
- What Can Be Done to Reverse the Fade of Liberal Democracy?
- Combatting Transnational Organized Crime and Corruption
- How Can the World Adapt to Rapid Technological Innovation, and What Role Should the Multilateral System Play?
- Multilateral Crisis Response in Latin America