How America Stacks Up: Economic Competitiveness and U.S. Policy compiles all eight Progress Reports and Scorecards from CFR's Renewing America initiative in a single digital collection. Explore the book and download an enhanced ebook for your preferred device.
The scorecard infographic and accompanying progress report, "Trading Up: U.S. Trade and Investment Policy," analyzes the overall health of the U.S. economy by focusing on shifts in global trade and foreign direct investment in the United States. This report was updated in April 2015 and again in January 2016 to reflect the latest data.
This scorecard is part of CFR's Renewing America initiative, which generates innovative policy recommendations on revitalizing the U.S. economy and replenishing the sources of American power abroad. Scorecards provide analysis and infographics assessing policy developments and U.S. performance in such areas as infrastructure, education, international trade, and government deficits. The initiative is supported in part by a generous grant from the Bernard and Irene Schwartz Foundation.
Download the scorecard [PDF].
Table of Contents
Click on a chapter title below to view and download each Progress Report and Scorecard.
- Remedial Education: Federal Education Policy
- Road to Nowhere: Failing U.S. Transportation Infrastructure
- Standard Deductions: U.S. Corporate Tax Policy
- No Helping Hand: Federal Worker-Retraining Policy
- Quality Control: Federal Regulation Policy
- Balance Owed: Federal Debts and Deficits
- Keeping the Edge: U.S. Innovation