Democracy and Governance
- Campaign Roundup: Election 2024 Will Decide Who Controls CongressEvery Friday, I look at what the presidential contenders are saying about foreign policy. This week: The 2024 election will decide whether the next president will face a friendly or a hostile Congress.
- Antisemitism and Anti-Muslim Hate are Surging. Here's How to Curb the Worst American Tradition.As violence escalates in Israel’s struggle with Hamas, the potential for hate-based violence in the United States grows, too. American leaders need to step in to defuse tensions.
- Campaign Roundup: Republican Presidential Candidates Debate in MiamiEach Friday, I look at what the presidential contenders are saying about foreign policy. This week: What the Republican candidates said at the third GOP presidential debate.
- Confronting Disinformation in the Digital AgePanelists discuss the challenge of discerning accurate information on online platforms, the rise of disinformation and how news agencies verify the truth in their reporting, and the repercussions of misinformation in the current conflict between Israel and Hamas.
- U.S. House Republican Speaker Battle, With Christopher M. TuttleChristopher M. Tuttle, a senior fellow and director of the Renewing America Initiative at CFR, sits down with James M. Lindsay to discuss the efforts of U.S. House Republicans to elect a new speaker of the House. This episode is part of the Council on Foreign Relations, Diamonstein-Spielvogel Project on the Future of Democracy