Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 11 to 17, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 11: Nigerian troops killed nine bandits in Maru, Zamfara.
- April 12: Bandits killed eleven in Kankara, Katsina.
- April 12: Boko Haram killed eight and kidnapped seven in Konduga, Borno.
- April 13: Communal violence led to twenty-five deaths in Lau, Taraba.
- April 13: Herdsmen killed two in Agatu, Benue.
- April 14: Suspected herdsmen killed nine in Bassa, Plateau.
- April 14: Five security personnel and "several" (estimated at five) insurgents were killed during a clash in Maiduguri, Borno.
- April 14: Gunmen kidnapped three in Giwa, Kaduna.
- April 14: Suspected herdsmen killed two in Ovia Northeast, Edo.
- April 14: Cultists killed four in Oredo, Edo.
- April 15: Bandits killed five in Shiroro LGA and one in Rafi LGA in Niger state.
- April 15: Nigerian police killed two during a lockdown protest in Idemili North, Anambra.
- April 16: Nigerian troops killed "several" (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- April 16: The Nigerian Air Force accidentally bombed civilians in Damboa, Borno, killing seventeen.
- April 16: Nigerian troops killed four Boko Haram militants in Toto, Nassarawa.
- April 17: Gunmen kidnapped the Edo commissioner and killed a police orderly in Uhunmwonde, Edo.
- April 17: Herdsmen kidnapped five in Aniocha North, Delta.