Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from April 2 to April 8, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- April 2: Suspected herdsmen killed twelve in Bassa, Plateau.
- April 2: Police officers killed three kidnappers in Tundun Wada, Kano.
- April 2: An IED planted by suspected bandits killed three soldiers on the Abuja-Kaduna road (estimated around Tafa Local Government Area, Kaduna).
- April 3: Kidnappers abducted twenty-two in Kagarko, Kaduna.
- April 3: Gunmen killed three Federal Road Safety Corps officials in Aguata, Anambra.
- April 3: Kidnappers abducted three from a mosque in Abeokuta South, Ogun.
- April 3: Bandits killed four and abducted "others" (estimated at five) in Tsafe, Zamfara.
- April 4: Bandits killed seventeen soldiers and three civilians at a military base in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- April 4: Gunmen killed two security personnel in Aguata, Anambra.
- April 5: Bandits killed three and abducted "others" (estimated at five) at a mosque in Bali, Taraba.
- April 5: Bandits killed one and abducted "others" (estimated at five) in Kankara, Katsina.
- April 5: Herdsmen killed three in Bassa, Plateau.
- April 6: Gunmen killed two at an IDP camp in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- April 6: Boko Haram killed ten Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) militants in Abadam, Borno.
- April 6: Bandits killed one and kidnapped seven at a mosque in Gassol, Taraba.
- April 7: Bandits killed three and kidnapped twenty in Shiroro, Niger State.
- April 7: Gunmen attacked the local government secretariat and killed two in Aguata, Anambra.
- April 7: Herdsmen killed five in Ovia North-East, Edo.
- April 8: Bandits killed two in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- April 8: Gunmen killed three in Munya, Niger State.
- April 8: Police officers killed one bandit in Dutsinma, Katsina.
- April 8: Bandits kidnapped "some" (estimated at ten) in Musawa, Katsina.
- April 8: Military airstrikes killed twenty ISWA militants in Marte, Borno.