Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: August 28–September 3
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 28 to September 3, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 28: Kidnappers killed two and abducted three in Ife East, Osun.
- August 28: Bandits killed two in Kauru, Kaduna.
- August 28: Police officers killed two robbers in Ughelli South, Delta.
- August 29: Kidnappers abducted three at a church in Adavi, Kogi.
- August 29: Gunmen killed two and kidnapped two in Khana, Rivers.
- August 29: Nigerian Air Force airstrikes killed fifty bandits in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- August 30: Nigerian soldiers killed three Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members in Ngor-Okpala, Imo.
- August 30: The Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) killed ten soldiers and sixteen civilians in Kala/Balge, Borno.
- August 30: Police officers killed "several" (estimated at ten) bandits in Kontagora, Niger State.
- August 30: Bandits killed one government official and one civilian in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- August 30: Communal violence led to two deaths in Oturkpo, Benue.
- August 31: Kidnappers abducted four in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti.
- August 31: Gunmen killed nine in Omala, Kogi.
- September 1: Bandits abducted seventy-three students from a school in Maradun, Zamfara.
- September 1: Nigerian troops killed six Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- September 1: Hunters killed forty-seven bandits in Shiroro, Niger State.
- September 1: Robbers killed five in Ughelli North, Delta.
- September 2: Kidnappers killed two and kidnapped one in Mangu, Plateau.
- September 3: Bandits killed fifteen and lost four bandits during an attack in Shiroro, Niger State.
- September 3: Bandits killed four and abducted "several" (estimated at five) in Maru, Zamfara.
- September 3: Bandits killed one police officer and three civilians and kidnapped four during an attack on a police station in Bungudu, Zamfara.
- September 3: Security operatives allegedly killed three civilians during a protest in Ogbia, Bayelsa.
- September 3: Police officers killed two cultists in Emuoha, Rivers.