Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 2 to July 8, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- July 2: Bandits killed four farmers in Rabah, Sokoto.
- July 2: Kidnappers abducted two Catholic Priests in Esan West, Edo.
- July 2: Kidnappers abducted four in Isi-Uzo, Enugu.
- July 3: Kidnappers killed one police officer and kidnapped one Chinese expatriate in Moro, Kwara.
- July 3: Bandits killed one and kidnapped four in Mangu, Plateau.
- July 3: Police officers killed three kidnappers in Ovia South-West, Edo.
- July 3: Bandits killed five in Kaura-Namoda, Zamfara.
- July 3: Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram militants in Marte, Borno.
- July 4: Kidnappers abducted one Catholic Priest in Kauru, Kaduna.
- July 4: Nine bandits and three vigilantes were killed during a clash in Wase, Plateau.
- July 4: Bandits killed five and abducted twenty in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- July 5: One prison officer and four inmates were killed when the Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) bombed a prison in Kuje, Federal Capital Territory.
- July 5: Airforce fighter jets accidentally killed two civilians while separately killing forty-two bandits in Safana, Katsina. At the same time, bandits killed two police officers in Safana.
- July 5: Bandits attacked Buhari's convoy, killing a "few" (est. at five) in Dutsin-Ma, Katsina.
- July 5: Kidnappers abducted one Catholic Priest in Okpokwu, Benue.
- July 5: Gunmen killed one police orderly during an assassination attempt on an All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in Port Harcourt, Rivers.
- July 5: Gunmen killed two and kidnapped one in Mubi, Adamawa.
- July 5: A joint effort between the military and vigilantes killed eight bandits in Kanam, Plateau.
- July 6: Kidnappers abducted four in Ikole, Ekiti.
- July 7: Nigerian troops killed “several” (est. at ten) Boko Haram/ISWA militants in Dikwa, Borno.
- July 8: Herdsmen killed one in Riyom, Plateau.