- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from June 20 to June 26, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- June 20: Gunmen killed twenty-three in Maru, Zamfara.
- June 20: Kidnappers killed four and one kidnapper was killed by police in Kwali, FCT.
- June 20: Boko Haram killed six in Gubio, Borno.
- June 20: Communal violence led to six deaths in Guri, Jigawa.
- June 21: Boko Haram killed five in Magumeri, Borno.
- June 22: Bandits killed three and kidnapped one in Dandume, Katsina.
- June 23: Nigerian troops killed "several" (estimated at ten) bandits in airstrikes in Birnin-Magaji/Kiyaw, Zamfara.
- June 23: Communal violence led to two deaths in Konshisha, Benue.
- June 24: Bandits killed four in Shiroro, Niger state.
- June 25: Gunmen killed one police officer and five civilians in Danmusa, Katsina.
- June 25: Gunmen killed two in Barkin Ladi, Plateau.
- June 25: Nigerian soldiers killed two gunmen in Guma, Benue.
- June 25: Nigerian troops killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants in Ngala, Borno.
- June 25: Bandits killed two in Koton Karfe, Kogi.
- June 26: Kidnappers abducted nine people in Akoko South-East, Ondo.
- June 26: Bandits killed twelve in Tsafe, Zamfara.
- June 26: Bandits killed three in Danmusa, Katsina.