Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: March 12–18
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from March 12 to March 18, 2022. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- March 12: Police officers killed one bandit in Matazu, Katsina.
- March 12: Bandits killed five in Danmusa, Katsina.
- March 12: Communal violence led to seven deaths in Ikpoba-Okha, Edo.
- March 12: Bandits kidnapped fifteen in Bungudu, Zamfara.
- March 12: Security operatives killed "some" (estimated at ten) bandits in Mariga, Niger State.
- March 14: Kidnappers abducted three in Funtua, Katsina.
- March 14: Nigerian Air Force airstrikes killed twenty-seven bandits in Danmusa, Katsina.
- March 14: Sectarian violence led to four deaths in Tafa, Niger State.
- March 14: A cult clash resulted in the deaths of four cultists and two civilians in Ethiope West, Delta.
- March 15: Twenty bandits, three police officers, and four vigilantes were killed during a clash in Magama, Niger State.
- March 15: Bandits killed four police officers and seven civilians, and kidnapped ten civilians in Ngaski, Kebbi.
- March 15: Bandits killed four and kidnapped four in Gassol, Taraba.
- March 15: Gunmen killed one National Drug Law Enforcement Agency officer and one other while two of the attackers were also killed in Ishielu, Ebonyi.
- March 15: Security operatives killed three kidnappers in Ethiope West, Delta.
- March 15: Bandits killed three and kidnapped eight in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- March 16: Bandits killed one in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- March 16: Gunmen killed two prison officers Okigwe, Imo.
- March 16: Kidnappers abducted eight All Progressives Congress members in Ekiti, Kwara.
- March 16: Police officers lost one officer and killed one hundred bandits in Mariga, Niger State.
- March 17: Nigerian troops killed "several" (estimated at ten) bandits in Ngala, Borno.
- March 17: Bandits kidnapped forty-eight in Kachia, Kaduna.
- March 17: Boko Haram killed one soldier in Bama, Borno.
- March 17: Gunmen killed two in Udu, Delta.
- March 17: Bandits killed one and kidnapped nine in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- March 18: Kidnappers killed one and abducted two in Pankshin, Plateau.
- March 18: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Guri, Jigawa.