Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 16 to 22, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 16: Gunmen kidnapped three people from Ado and Makurdi LGAs in Benue.
- May 17: Boko Haram killed twenty in Nganzai, Borno.
- May 17: Nigerian troops killed twenty Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- May 17: Gunmen abducted a naval officer and two others in Akoko South-East, Ondo.
- May 17: Bandits killed five in Shiroro, Niger state.
- May 18: Twelve Nigerien soldiers and seven Boko Haram militants were killed during an attack in Diffa, Niger.
- May 18: Nigerian troops killed seven Boko Haram militants in Bursari, Yobe.
- May 18: Bandits killed eight in Wukari, Taraba.
- May 18: Two Nigerian soldiers and three Boko Haram militants were killed during a clash in Gujba, Yobe.
- May 19: Communal violence led to fifteen deaths in Biase, Cross River.
- May 19: Bandits killed ten in Tsafe, Zamfara.
- May 20: Communal violence led to twp deaths in Ishielu, Ebonyi.
- May 21: Police officers killed eight kidnappers in Bali, Taraba.
- May 22: Police killed two bandits in Sabon Birni, Sokoto.
- May 22: Gunmen killed twenty in Kajuru, Katsina.
- May 20–22: Nigerian troops killed 135 bandits in Jiba and Dan Musa LGAs in Katsina and Birnin Magaji and Zurmi LGAs in Zamfara.