Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 2 to 8, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 2: Nigerian troops killed seventy-eight Boko Haram militants in the "Timbuktu Triangle," in Borno.
- May 2: Nigerian soldiers killed fifty-six Boko Haram militants in Damboa, Borno.
- May 2: Nigerian soldiers killed four civilians while enforcing the lockdown in Karim Lamido, Taraba.
- May 3: Gunmen killed two in Teungo, Adamawa.
- May 3: Communal violence led to three deaths in Apa, Benue.
- May 3: Gunmen killed seven in Bassa, Plateau.
- May 4: Bandits kidnapped fifteen and killed one in Chikun, Kaduna.
- May 5: Suspected kidnappers killed four and kidnapped two in Toto, Nassarawa.
- May 5: Herdsmen killed one and abducted one police officer in Egbado North, Ogun.
- May 5: Bandits killed one and kidnapped nine in Rafi, Niger.
- May 5: Communal violence led to twenty deaths in Donga, Taraba.
- May 6: Herdsmen killed two vigilantes in Oshimili North, Delta.
- May 6: Gunmen killed five and kidnapped two in Sabuwa, Katsina.
- May 7: Sectarian violence led to "several" (estimated at ten) deaths and fifty kidnapped in Ayamelum, Anambra.
- May 7: Boko Haram killed 2 in Madagali, Adamawa.
- May 8: Suspected hoodlums killed 1 police officer in Etsako West, Edo.