Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from May 9 to 15, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- May 9: Gunmen killed two police officers and one civilian in Okpe, Delta.
- May 9: Herdsmen killed two in Guma, Benue.
- May 9: Nigerian troops killed twenty Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- May 10: Communal violence led to eight deaths in Bali, Taraba.
- May 11: Nigerian and Nigerien troops killed twenty-five Boko Haram militants in Diffa, Niger.
- May 11: Nigerian and Nigerien troops killed fifty Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- May 12: Gunmen killed seventeen in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- May 12: Herdsmen killed two civilians while the Nigerian army killed four of the herdsmen in Guma, Benue.
- May 12: Herdsmen killed two in Numan, Adamawa.
- May 12: Kidnappers abducted an Army captain and three others in Akoko North-East, Ondo.
- May 12: Herdsmen killed four in Guma, Benue.
- May 12: A communal clash resulted in three deaths in Biase, Cross River.
- May 13: Herdsmen killed eight in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- May 13: Nine Boko Haram militants and five Nigerian soldiers were killed during a clash in Kaga, Borno.
- May 13: Gunmen killed eleven in Safana LGA, one in Batsari LGA, two in Dutsinma LGA, and three in Faskari LGA in Katsina.
- May 14: Nigerian troops killed twenty-seven bandits along the Katsina/Zamfara border (Birnin-Magaji LGA in Zamfara, estimated).
- May 14: Gunmen killed three in Dekina, Kogi.
- May 15: Communal violence led to forty-eight deaths in Lamurde, Adamawa.
- May 15: Nigerian troops killed "several" (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.