- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from November 2 to 8, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- November 2: Cultists killed two in Oredo, Edo.
- November 2: Pirates killed three in Port Harcourt, Rivers.
- November 2: Gunmen killed a Radio Nigeria staff member and one other in Makurdi, Benue.
- November 2: The Nigerian Air Force killed "a number" (estimated at ten) of Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- November 3: Cultists killed four in Oredo, Edo.
- November 3: Boko Haram killed three and abducted six in Kala/Balge, Borno.
- November 5: Three Boko Haram militants and one Nigerian soldier were killed during a clash in Magumeri, Borno.
- November 6: Nine Boko Haram militants and ten Nigerian soldiers were killed during a clash in Damboa, Borno.
- November 7: One Nigerian soldier and "a number" (estimated at ten) of Boko Haram militants were killed during a clash in Damaturu, Yobe.