- Blog Post
- Blog posts represent the views of CFR fellows and staff and not those of CFR, which takes no institutional positions.
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from November 3 to 9, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- November 5: Boko Haram killed "some" (estimated at five) soldiers in Kukawa, Borno.
- November 5: The Civilian Joint Task Force killed eight Boko Haram militants in Gubio, Borno.
- November 6: Gunmen kidnapped four Catholic priests in Ethiope East, Delta.
- November 6: The Nigerian Air Force killed "several" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants in Ngwuri Gana, Borno (LGA unknown).
- November 7: Gunmen kidnapped the Ondo African Democratic Congress (ADC) chairman and four others in Akoko North-East, Ondo.
- November 8: Nigerian troops repelled a Boko Haram attack in Gujba, Yobe, killing "some" (estimated at five) militants.
- November 8: Boko Haram killed one soldier and eight civilians in Ngala, Borno.
- November 9: The Nigerian Air Force killed "several" (estimated at five) Boko Haram militants in Damboa, Borno.