Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 21 to August 27, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 21: Bandits killed twelve in Batsari, Katsina.
- August 21: Bandits killed twelve in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.
- August 21: Police officers killed two bandits in Obafemi-Owode, Ogun.
- August 21: A land grabber killed one police officer and four others in Ikorodu, Lagos.
- August 22: Bandits killed five and kidnapped 120 in Maradun, Zamfara.
- August 22: Twenty-seven militants were killed during a clash between the Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) and Boko Haram in Abadam, Borno.
- August 22: Soldiers killed four Boko Haram militants in Monguno, Borno.
- August 23: One police officer, one vigilante, and six bandits were killed during a clash in Mangu, Plateau.
- August 23: Herdsmen killed eight and kidnapped one in Guma, Benue.
- August 23: Gunmen killed nine in Khana, Rivers.
- August 23: Communal violence led to four deaths in Ohaukwu, Rivers.
- August 23: Gunmen killed two police officers in Kabba-Bunu, Kogi.
- August 23: Bandits killed three and kidnapped eleven in Bungudu, Zamfara.
- August 24: Bandits invaded the Nigerian Defense Academy in Igabi, Kaduna, killing two officers and abducting one officer who was also later killed.
- August 24: Gunmen killed thirty-six in Jos North, Plateau.
- August 25: Robbers killed two police officers and one civilian during an attack on a bullion van in Odigbo, Ondo.
- August 25: Police officers killed three gunmen in Atakumosa West Local Government Area (LGA) and four other gunmen in Ilesha East LGA in Osun.
- August 25: Sixteen soldiers and fifty Boko Haram militants were killed during a clash in Diffa, Niger.
- August 26: Gunmen killed two in Emuoha, Rivers.
- August 26: Bandits killed eleven in Kankara, Katsina.
- August 26: Bandits killed one and kidnapped seven in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- August 27: Gunmen killed three in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.
- August 27: Bandits kidnapped six in Zaria, Kaduna.
- August 27: Police officers killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Indigenous People of Biafra/Eastern Security Network members while one police officer was killed in Oru East, Imo.