Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 7 to August 13, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 7: Bandits killed five civilians while troops repelled the attack and killed three bandits in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.
- August 7: Kidnappers killed one and abducted two while two of the kidnappers were also killed in Egbado South, Ogun.
- August 7: Kidnappers abducted seven in Irepodun Local Government Area (LGA) and twenty-two in Oke-Ero LGA in Kwara; twenty-four were subsequently rescued by police.
- August 7: The military killed fourteen bandits in Igabi, Kaduna.
- August 7: Communal violence led to two deaths in Ohaukwu, Ebonyi.
- August 9: Gunmen killed four police officers and two civilians in Nnewi, Anambra.
- August 9: Naval officers killed six suspected Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) members in Oyi, Anambra.
- August 9: Gunmen killed four in Aboh-Mbaise, Imo.
- August 9: Sectarian violence led to four deaths in Ado, Benue.
- August 10: Pirates kidnapped five in Bonny, Rivers.
- August 10: Bandits kidnapped two in Gusau, Zamfara.
- August 10: Gunmen killed three in Bassa, Plateau.
- August 12: Five children were killed by a stray grenade in Ngala, Borno.
- August 12: Communal violence led to three deaths in Ado, Benue.
- August 13: Two police officers and three suspected Eastern Security Network (ESN) members were killed during an attack on a police station in Oguta, Imo.