Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 18 to December 24, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- (Last week, December 17: Airstrikes killed thirty-three bandits in Zamfara and Sokoto.)
- December 18: Kidnappers abducted two in Owerri, Imo.
- December 18: Kidnappers killed one vigilante member and abducted one Department of State Services Officer in Abaji, Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- December 18: Bandits killed forty in Giwa, Kaduna.
- December 18: Kidnappers abducted two clerics in Egbado North, Ogun.
- December 19: Boko Haram killed twenty-five in Askira/Uba, Borno.
- December 19: Sectarian violence led to forty-five deaths in Lafia, Nassarawa.
- December 19: Aisrstrikes killed one hundred Boko Haram/Islamic State in West Africa (ISWA) militants in Marte, Borno.
- December 20: Gunmen killed two police officers in Idemili North, Anambra.
- December 20: Bandits killed one traditional ruler in Giwa, Kaduna.
- December 20: Kidnappers abducted five in Ikole, Ekiti.
- December 21: Bandits killed eight and kidnapped seventeen in Faskari, Katsina.
- December 21: Bandits killed one and kidnapped twenty in Chikun, Kaduna.
- December 21: Bandits kidnapped four in Yola South, Adamawa.
- December 22: Bandits kidnapped four from a mosque in Gassol, Taraba.
- December 22: Soldiers killed two protestors in Faskari, Katsina.
- December 22: Bandits kidnapped seventy in Chikun, Kaduna; forty-eight were later rescued.
- December 22: Gunmen killed two and kidnapped five in Bungudu, Zamfara.
- December 23: Boko Haram bombs killed five in Maiduguri, Borno.
- December 23: Airstrikes killed "many" ISWA militants (estimated at twenty) in Abadam, Borno.
- December 23: Bandits killed six and kidnapped "many" (estimated at twenty) in Atakumosa West, Osun.
- December 24: Kidnappers abducted one and killed four in Ogbaru, Anambra.