Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from December 7 to 13, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker, featured below.
- December 7: One was killed during the local government election in Ikere, Ekiti.
- December 7: An IED planted by Boko Haram killed a Nigerian soldier in Marte, Borno.
- December 8: Gunmen killed five people watching a soccer game in Kaura, Kaduna.
- December 8: ISWA (Boko Haram) killed two soldiers and one policeman in Borno (no exact LGA).
- December 8: Gunmen killed ten in Etche, Rivers.
- December 8: During a shoot-out, kidnappers killed four civilians and police killed three kidnappers in Kwali, FCT.
- December 9: Kidnappers abducted five in Yola North, Adamawa.
- December 9: Bandits kidnapped eight in Shiroro, Niger.
- December 10: Communal violence led to one death in Oturkpo, Benue.
- December 10: Two security guards were killed in Makurdi, Benue.
- December 11: The Nigerian Air Force killed thirty Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- December 11: Gunmen killed three in Awka South, Anambra.
- December 11: Soldiers killed three robbery suspects in Aba North, Abia.
- December 12: Nigerian forces killed one IPOB member in Abuja, FCT.
- December 12: ISWA (Boko Haram) killed fifteen in Abadam, Borno.
- December 13: Boko Haram killed four kidnapped aid workers in Borno (no exact LGA).
- December 13: Kidnappers abducted three in Chikun, Kaduna.