Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 2 to January 8, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 2: Bandits killed nineteen in Giwa, Kaduna.
- January 2: Gunmen killed three and kidnapped two in Ibarapa, Oyo.
- January 2: Robbers killed two civilians and police officers killed two robbers in Ughelli, Delta.
- January 2: Military airstrikes killed "several" Boko Haram militants at two separate locations (estimated at twenty total) in Bama, Borno.
- January 2: Boko Haram kidnapped fifty in Konduga, Borno.
- January 3: Boko Haram killed six soldiers and one civilian in Chibok, Borno.
- January 3: Bandits killed nine in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- January 4: Bandits kidnapped eleven in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- January 4: Suspected herdsmen kidnapped four in Aniocha South, Delta.
- January 4: Nigerian troops killed "several" bandits in Birnin-Gwari, Giwa, Igabi, and Chikun LGAs in Kaduna (estimated at twenty total).
- January 5: Gunmen killed one and kidnapped twenty in Toto, Nassarawa.
- January 5: Boko Haram attacked Askira/Uba, Borno but were repelled by military airstrikes that killed "several" (estimated at ten) militants.
- January 5: Bandits kidnapped five in Rafi, Niger State.
- January 5: Pirates killed two in Bonny, Rivers.
- January 6: Bandits killed four in Chikun, Kaduna.
- January 6: Amotekun killed three civilians in Ibarapa, Oyo.
- January 6: Boko Haram killed commuters (no number given, estimated at ten) in Nganzai, Borno.
- January 6: Military airstrikes killed "several" (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Damboa, Borno.
- January 8: Soldiers killed five civilians during a clash in Baruten, Kwara.
- January 8: Bandits kidnapped seven children in Maru, Zamfara.
- January 8: A Boko Haram suicide bomber killed herself and thirteen others in Mayo Tsanaga, Cameroon.
- January 8: Gunmen attacked a police station and killed three police officers in Ezza South, Ebonyi.