Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 25 to 31, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 25: Bandits killed eleven and kidnapped four in Shiroro, Niger.
- January 25: Two Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves and three others in Gwoza, Borno.
- January 25: Nigerian troops killed "many" (estimated at twenty) ISWA militants in Mobbar, Borno.
- January 25: Four herdsmen were killed in Nsukka, Enugu.
- January 26: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Bali, Taraba.
- January 26: Gunmen kidnapped three in Abaji, FCT.
- January 26: Herdsmen killed seventeen in Bokkos, Plateau.
- January 27: Boko Haram killed six Chadian soldiers on Tetewa Island in Lake Chad.
- January 28: Herdsmen killed one farmer and one policeman in Ovia North East, Edo.
- January 28: Boko Haram killed three in Konduga, Borno.
- January 29: Boko Haram killed five in Blangoua, Chad.
- January 29: Sectarian violence led to three deaths in Ankpa, Kogi.
- January 30: A Boko Haram suicide bomber killed herself and three boys in Maiduguri, Borno.
- January 30: Bandits killed two farmers in Wukari, Taraba.
- January 30: Twenty-one Boko Haram militants, three soldiers, and one civilian were killed during an attack in Lake Chad.