Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 5 to September 11, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 5: Sectarian violence led to one death in Irepodun, Osun.
- September 5: Bandits killed one Nigerian Air Force officer in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- September 6: Herdsmen killed three and kidnapped seven in Kajuru, Kaduna.
- September 6: Boko Haram killed seven and kidnapped two in Maiduguri, Borno.
- September 6: Nigerian troops killed one bandit in Guma, Benue.
- September 6: Nigerian troops killed five Boko Haram/ISWA insurgents in Gwoza, Borno.
- September 6: Kidnappers killed one police officer, one Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) official, and one civilian whom they had previously abducted in Chikun, Kaduna.
- September 7: Gunmen killed one police officer in Ohafia, Abia.
- September 7: Nigerian troops killed four bandits in Chikun, Kaduna.
- September 8: A NSCDC officer killed one civilian in Obingwa, Abia.
- September 8: Herdsmen killed one in Zangon Kataf LGA and one in Kauru LGA in Kaduna.
- September 9: Bandits kidnapped three and killed one in Bungudu, Zamfara.
- September 9: Herdsmen killed two in Keana, Nassarawa.
- September 10: Gunmen kidnapped thirty in Gwagwalada, FCT.
- September 11: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Zangon Kataf, Kaduna.