Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 15, 2015 to August 21, 2015. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 15: A suicide bomber killed himself and four Civilian Joint Task Force (JTF) members in Askira/Uba, Borno.
- August 16: Hunters killed 100 Boko Haram insurgents in Madagali, Adamawa.
- August 16: A clash between cult members at Kwara Polytechnic in Ilorin, Kwara resulted in sixteen deaths.
- August 17: Boko Haram killed seven in Mobbar, Borno.
- August 18: A Boko Haram attack in Gujba, Yobe, resulted in 160 civilian deaths. While most were victims of violent acts, some deaths were the result of drowning as villagers fled.
- August 19: Nigerian soldiers killed "a number" of Boko Haram insurgents (estimated at twenty) in Gwoza, Borno.
- August 21: Nigerian soldiers killed "a large number" of Boko Harm insurgents (estimated at forty) in Kukawa, Borno.
- August 21: Landmines planted by Boko Haram killed two Nigerian soldiers in Guzamala, Borno.