Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from August 6, 2016 to August 12, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- August 6: 2 Chinese men were kidnapped in Nasarawa, Nasarawa.
- August 7: A clash between Nigerian troops and armed bandits in Bosso, Niger led to the deaths of eleven soldiers and eight bandits.
- August 8: Gunmen suspected to be Niger Delta Avengers killed three soldiers in Nembe, Bayelsa.
- August 10: Militants, suspected to be part of a new group called Niger Delta Greenland Justice Mandate, blew up a pipeline in Isoko South, Delta.
- August 11: Gunmen assassinated a university lecturer in Gboko, Benue.
- August 12: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of 7 in Ideato North, Imo.