Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from February 6, to February 12, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- February 6: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of fifty in Maru, Zamfara.
- February 6: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of twelve in Buruku, Benue.
- February 9: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and fifty-eight others in Dikwa, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- February 10: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and eight others in Nguetchewe, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- February 10: Nigerian troops killed "some" Boko Haram insurgents (estimated at ten) in Kaga, Borno.
- February 11: Cameroonian soldiers killed twenty-seven Boko Haram insurgents and lost two of their own in Gwoza, Borno.
- February 11: Boko Haram killed four in Konduga, Borno.