Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 19 to 25, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 19: Nigerian soldiers killed two Boko Haram militants in Mafa, Borno.
- January 19: Nigerian troops killed eight Boko Haram militants in Kukawa, Borno.
- January 20: Nigerian soldiers killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants in Gubja, Yobe.
- January 20: Nigerian troops killed fifty-eight bandits but lost two soldiers and two vigilante members in Zurmi, Zamfara.
- January 20: Police killed three murder suspects in Port Harcourt, Rivers.
- January 20: Boko Haram killed one in Konduga, Borno.
- January 23: Boko Haram killed eight soldiers in Geidam, Yobe.
- January 24: Gunmen killed one police officer and kidnapped an APC candidate in Owan West, Edo.
- January 24: Robbers killed one police officer and two civilians in Ila, Osun.
- January 24: Nigerian troops killed four Boko Haram militants in Konduga, Borno.
- January 25: Gunmen killed three in Toto, Nasarawa.