Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 23, to January 29, 2016. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 24: Boko Haram killed one in Tarmuwa, Yobe.
- January 24: Sectarian violence led to the deaths of thirty in Grie, Adamawa.
- January 25: Four Boko Haram suicide bombers killed themselves and thirty-one others in Bodo, Cameroon.
- January 25: Cameroonian troops hunting Boko Haram insurgents killed forty civilians in Gwoza, Borno.
- January 27: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and fourteen others in Chibok, Borno. Boko Haram is suspected.
- January 27: Police killed five civilians during a clash in Ifedore, Ondo.
- January 28: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and four others in Kerawa, Cameroon. Boko Haram is suspected.
- January 29: One suicide bomber killed themselves and seventeen others in Gombi, Adamawa.