Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from January 27 to February 2, 2018. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- January 28: Herdsmen killed two in Bassa, Plateau.
- January 29: Sectarian violence led to seven deaths in Keana, Nasarawa.
- January 29: Four were killed in a cult clash in Oron, Akwa Ibom.
- January 29: Boko Haram killed two Nigerien soldiers in Chetimari, Niger.
- January 30: Boko Haram killed five loggers in Dikwa, Borno.
- January 31: Bandits killed seven in Gboko, Benue.
- January 31: Two suicide bombers killed themselves and four others in Maiduguri, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- January 31: Two suicide bombers killed themselves but no others in Konduga, Borno. Boko Haram was suspected.
- January 31: Gunmen assassinated a politician in Jema'a, Kaduna.
- January 31: Herdsmen killed nine in Birnin Gwari, Kaduna.
- February 1: Herdsmen killed four in Gassol, Taraba.
- February 1: Sectarian violence led to two deaths in Song, Adamawa.