Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from July 27 to August 2, 2019. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents will be included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
(Last week, July 25: Gunmen killed twenty-two and abducted "many" (estimated at ten) in Kankara, Katsina.)
- July 27: Boko Haram killed sixty-five in Nganzai, Borno.
- July 28: Bandits killed three traders in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- July 28: Bandits killed three and abducted six in Batsari, Katsina.
- July 29: Twenty-five soldiers and forty-seven ISWAP (Boko Haram) militants were killed during a clash in Kukawa, Borno.
- July 29: Gunmen killed three in Katsina, Benue.
- July 29: Nigerian police killed four kidnappers in Bali, Taraba.
- July 29: Boko Haram killed twenty-five soldiers in Kaga, Borno.
- July 30: Boko Haram killed "many" (estimated at ten) in Konduga, Borno.
- July 30: Sectarian violence led to eight deaths in Takum LGA and three more in Okpokwu LGA in Benue.
- July 31: Bandits killed three and abducted two in Batsari, Katsina.
- August 1: The Nigerian Air Force killed "scores" (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants in Gwoza, Borno.
- August 1: Gunmen kidnapped five pastors in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun.
- August 1: Ten bandits, two soldiers, and one civilian were killed during a clash in Birnin-Gwari, Kaduna.
- August 2: Five were killed during a cult clash in Idemili North, Anambra.