Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 4 to September 10, 2021. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 4: Kidnappers killed the younger brother of a human rights activist, Omoyele Sowore, and kidnapped five in Ovia North-East, Edo.
- September 4: Kidnappers abducted three in Bakori, Katsina.
- September 4: Gunmen killed two and kidnapped two in Bauchi, Bauchi.
- September 5: Kidnappers abducted three in Kuje, Federal Capital Territory.
- September 5: Kidnappers killed two police officers in Yenegoa, Bayelsa.
- September 6: Gunmen killed four in Bassa, Plateau.
- September 6: Military airstrikes killed an unspecified number (estimated at twenty) of bandits in Shinkafi, Zamfara.
- September 6: Kidnappers abducted five in Bakori, Katsina.
- September 6: Kidnappers abducted four in Dutsin-Ma, Katsina.
- September 6: Bandits kidnapped eighteen in Chikun, Kaduna.
- September 6: Herdsmen abducted five farmers in Irepodun, Kwara.
- September 6: Bandits killed two vigilantes during a clash in Lapai, Niger State.
- September 6: Police officers killed two robbers in Ohaji/Egbema, Imo.
- September 7: Bandits killed one police officer and five vigilantes, and kidnapped twenty-three in Chikun, Kaduna.
- September 7: Bandits kidnapped twenty in Dange-Shuni, Sokoto.
- September 8: Pirates kidnapped five in Bonny, Rivers.
- September 8: Kidnappers abducted three workers from former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s Farm in Obafemi-Owode, Ogun.
- September 8: Kidnappers abducted eighteen in Akoko South-East, Ondo.
- September 8: Gunmen killed three police officers in Ukwuani, Delta.
- September 9: Bandits abducted two in Igabi, Kaduna.
- September 9: Bandits killed six and abducted "many" (estimated at ten) in Tureta, Sokoto.
- September 10: Gunmen killed a deposed Anambra monarch and his driver in Anambra East, Anambra.
- September 10: One soldier and "scores" (estimated at forty) of bandits were killed during a clash in Shiroro, Niger State.